Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Shirley Temper And Brother Follow The Script - August 31, 2015
- WATCH: Pro Palestinian Admits Shirley Temper Is A Fraud - August 30, 2015
- Israellycool And Readers Get Shirley Temper’s Name Splashed Across Daily Mail (Updated) - August 29, 2015
- Separated At Birth: The Importance of Being Ernest Edition - August 28, 2015
- Follow-Up To Mel Gibson-At-Israeli-Film-Festival Story - August 27, 2015
Arutz Sheva reports on a suicide bombing that didn’t go exactly according to plan.
A soldier and three Arabs were injured at about 13:45 this afternoon when a PFLP suicide bomber blew himself up at the Bekaíot Checkpoint north of the community of Hamra.
The commander of the checkpoint suspected the 19-year-old Arab male who was approaching the checkpoint wearing a jacket on a hot day. The Nahal Hareidi soldier ordered the suspect to stop while he was several tens of meters away, firing his weapon in the air in accordance to protocol. The bomber then blew himself up, lightly wounding the checkpoint commander. A number of Arabs were injured in the blast as well, one moderately.
The injured soldier was transported to HaEmek Hospital in Afula. The moderately injured Arab was transported by chopper to the trauma unit of Jerusalemís Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital and the remainder, all Arabs injured lightly, transported to a PA hospital by Red Crescent ambulances.
So he ends up killing himself and injured three of his own people. While I doubt he technically qualifies for the 72 virgins, he does probably qualify for the Darwin Awards.
And despite the bad result for the PLO Arabs, a group did claim responsibility.
The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine militant group claimed responsibility for the bombing in a call to The Associated Press, saying it was a response to the Rafah incursion.
They may have to consider renaming themselves after this mess-up.