Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- MUST WATCH: Even UN Television Cannot Deny The Truth About Israel’s Humanity! - April 24, 2015
- Shaul Mofaz, Time Traveler or Shape-Shifting Reptile? - April 24, 2015
- Watch: Stephen Harper’s Yom Ha’atzmaut Message - April 23, 2015
- Frank Sinatra In Israel, Yom Ha’atzmaut 1962 - April 23, 2015
- Interesting Rumor Of The Day: James Packer Becomes Israeli Citizen - April 23, 2015
Hollywood actor Alan Rickman, known for mostly playing villains and jerks in the movies, may not be such a good actor after all. There is a strong chance these roles were not such a stretch for him.
Alan Rickman is about to become the latest Hollywood star to light the blue touchpaper on the powderkeg that is Arab-Israeli politics.
He is working on a play about Rachel Corrie, pictured right, the American “human shield” who was crushed to death by an Israeli bulldozer as she tried to prevent it destroying a Palestinian house in Rafah last March.
The play, My Name is Rachel Corrie, will open at the Royal Court next year, and is based on detailed diaries and letters written by Corrie before her death. It has been fully authorised by her family.
Rickman, above, is collaborating with the journalist Katherine Viner on the script, and has also agreed to direct the finished article. A former Labour Party donor, he is thought to be sympathetic towards the Palestinian cause.
Update: Shai has met the guy in real life and confirms it – he really is a jerk.