The following two tabs change content below.
An Aussie immigrant to Israel, Aussie Dave is founder and managing editor of Israellycool, one of the world's most popular pro-Israel blogs (and the one you are currently reading) He is a happy family man, and a lover of steak, Australian sports and girlie drinks
Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Shirley Temper And Friends Working On New Movie - September 1, 2015
- Introducing the Israellycool E-Blast - September 1, 2015
- Shirley Temper And Brother Follow The Script - August 31, 2015
- WATCH: Pro Palestinian Admits Shirley Temper Is A Fraud - August 30, 2015
- Israellycool And Readers Get Shirley Temper’s Name Splashed Across Daily Mail (Updated) - August 29, 2015
Up until today, I was pretty satisfied with how the JIB Awards were going.
Sure, there was occasional ribbing and a small dose of pettiness, but most of it seemed in good humor.
However, after I received an email from one of the most talented Jewish bloggers out there, asking that he be pulled from the contest, I knew things had gone too far.
You see, this blogger is going to win his category. By alot. Fair and simple.
However, one of his competitors has decided to badmouth his blog. Not only that, but he has cast aspersions on his being Jewish. Perhaps in earnest, or perhaps in jest. It doesn’t really matter, since this kind of thing only serves to cause the exact type of ill feelings that I requested we avoid to begin with.
This contest is not about who wins or loses. It is about everyone winning and having fun. It is about recognizing the plethora of Jewish, Israeli, and pro-Israel blogs out there. So let’s keep it nice. Let’s keep it fun. Let’s keep it real.