Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- WATCH: Zionist Public Charter School Of Doom™ - May 19, 2015
- Israeli Journalist Akiva Eldar Gets Thrown Under The Car - May 19, 2015
- Backstreet’s Back - May 17, 2015
- Palestinians Blame “Work Accident” On Israel - May 15, 2015
- Frank Sinatra Once Appeared At “Action for Palestine” Benefit Concert - May 15, 2015
Today is Yom Hazikaron (Remembrance Day) in Israel, the day on which Israelis remember and pay respect to those who gave their lives for Israel, namely 22,437 soldiers and terror victims.
At 11AM this morning, a 2-minute siren wailed and Israelis stood silently and remembered the fallen. While I was on the other side of the globe this year, I can tell you it is an unbelievable experience and something I am so proud of as an Israeli.
To fathom what it is like to have a country stop for 2 minutes and pay respects to its fallen, here is a video taken this morning in a town in central Israel.