Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Israellycool And Readers Get Shirley Temper’s Name Splashed Across Daily Mail (Updated) - August 29, 2015
- Separated At Birth: The Importance of Being Ernest Edition - August 28, 2015
- Follow-Up To Mel Gibson-At-Israeli-Film-Festival Story - August 27, 2015
- Responding To Some Antisemitic Monkey Business - August 27, 2015
- WATCH: Spongewashing - August 26, 2015
Today is Yom Hazikaron (Remembrance Day) in Israel, the day on which Israelis remember and pay respect to those who gave their lives for Israel, namely 22,437 soldiers and terror victims.
At 11AM this morning, a 2-minute siren wailed and Israelis stood silently and remembered the fallen. While I was on the other side of the globe this year, I can tell you it is an unbelievable experience and something I am so proud of as an Israeli.
To fathom what it is like to have a country stop for 2 minutes and pay respects to its fallen, here is a video taken this morning in a town in central Israel.