Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Inventors Of “Pinkwashing” Term Go Down The Drain - February 27, 2015
- Katy Perry And Madonna Speak Out Against Antisemitism - February 27, 2015
- Roger Waters Accused Of Illegal Land Grab - February 27, 2015
- Video: Antisemitism On Campus - February 27, 2015
- George Galloway Humiliated On Twitter - February 26, 2015
Yesterday, it was reported that PA President Mahmoud Abbas had threatened to resign if he does not reach a peace settlement with Israel by the end of the year.
Today, the palestinians are denying it.
Palestinian Presidential spokesperson Nabil Abu Rdeineh denied reports on Monday that President Mahmoud Abbas plans to resign if a final agreement is not reached in negotiations with Israel within six months.
Speaking to the official Palestinian news agency, Wafa, Abu Rdeineh said the report, published in Israeli media on Sunday, that Abbas had told Israeli Knesset member Yossi Beilin about his threatened resignation, was false.
Abu Rdeineh said ” President Abbas would continue exerting efforts to achieve the dream of the Palestinian people in establishing the independent state, with Jerusalem as its capital.”
The PLO’s chief negotiator, Saeb Erekat, also said that Abbas is committed to reaching a peace agreement with Israel by the end of 2008.
“In case of failure to achieve this goal, he will weigh his options then, not now,” Erekat added.