Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Shaul Mofaz, Time Traveler or Shape-Shifting Reptile? - April 24, 2015
- Watch: Stephen Harper’s Yom Ha’atzmaut Message - April 23, 2015
- Frank Sinatra In Israel, Yom Ha’atzmaut 1962 - April 23, 2015
- Interesting Rumor Of The Day: James Packer Becomes Israeli Citizen - April 23, 2015
- Watch: Israelis From 0-100 - April 23, 2015
It’s a good day for truth, justice and the American way with the French Court of Appeals overturning last year’s judgment against Philippe Karsenty (that’s him to the left of me in the picture), who was found liable for “insulting” France 2 TV and reporter Charles Enderlin, after he wrote an article claiming the Mohammed Al Durah clip broadcast by France 2 was a fraud.
There has been no blogger who has followed this as closely as my friend Richard Landes. This is what he had to say after the decision:
Now we get to see how the French (and Western) MSM handle this. It’s a stunning victory for Karsenty and loss for Enderlin and France2 who initiated this case when they didn’t have to.
In order for an appeals court to reverse a decision, they must have strong evidence to the contrary.
The fact that they did indicates that their written decision will be very critical of France2. The implications of this decision are immense.
Be sure to check out his blog for updates and further discussion on the decision.