Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- MUST WATCH: Even UN Television Cannot Deny The Truth About Israel’s Humanity! - April 24, 2015
- Shaul Mofaz, Time Traveler or Shape-Shifting Reptile? - April 24, 2015
- Watch: Stephen Harper’s Yom Ha’atzmaut Message - April 23, 2015
- Frank Sinatra In Israel, Yom Ha’atzmaut 1962 - April 23, 2015
- Interesting Rumor Of The Day: James Packer Becomes Israeli Citizen - April 23, 2015
May you and yours be blessed this coming year.
Interesting factoid for those outside of Israel (and perhaps even many in Israel): New Years is referred to as “Sylvester” in Israel. No, not named after the cat but rather (even more incomprehensibly) an anti-Semitic Roman Pope who, amongst other things, convinced Constantine to prohibit Jews from living in Jerusalem and arranged for the passage of a host of viciously anti-Semitic legislation.
And you thought Jews were smart.
This year I started a minhag (custom) to wish everyone a Happy Torquemada.