Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Latest Blood Libel: Truth Buried Alive Again - August 8, 2015
- Watch: Einat Wilf Explains Why She Is No Longer a Dove - August 7, 2015
- Fail Of The Day: “Palestine’s” Henna - August 7, 2015
- Israel Hater Richard Silverstein With Yet Another Racial Slur - August 7, 2015
- Norman Finkelstein Raising Money To Write Anti-Israel Columns - August 6, 2015
May you and yours be blessed this coming year.
Interesting factoid for those outside of Israel (and perhaps even many in Israel): New Years is referred to as “Sylvester” in Israel. No, not named after the cat but rather (even more incomprehensibly) an anti-Semitic Roman Pope who, amongst other things, convinced Constantine to prohibit Jews from living in Jerusalem and arranged for the passage of a host of viciously anti-Semitic legislation.
And you thought Jews were smart.
This year I started a minhag (custom) to wish everyone a Happy Torquemada.