Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- One Republic “Get” The One Jewish State - May 27, 2015
- Summertime In Israel - May 27, 2015
- Muslim Televangelist Speaks Of Danger Of Playing One’s Hand - May 26, 2015
- University Of Sydney Lets Lynch Off Lightly - May 26, 2015
- Israel’s Nadav Guedj Steps Through To Eurovision Final - May 22, 2015
May you and yours be blessed this coming year.
Interesting factoid for those outside of Israel (and perhaps even many in Israel): New Years is referred to as “Sylvester” in Israel. No, not named after the cat but rather (even more incomprehensibly) an anti-Semitic Roman Pope who, amongst other things, convinced Constantine to prohibit Jews from living in Jerusalem and arranged for the passage of a host of viciously anti-Semitic legislation.
And you thought Jews were smart.
This year I started a minhag (custom) to wish everyone a Happy Torquemada.