Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Norman Finkelstein Raising Money To Write Anti-Israel Columns - August 6, 2015
- Were Palestinians Really Protecting Israeli Policewoman From “Settlers”? - August 5, 2015
- “Beat Up and Insult the Arab” Video Game Released - August 3, 2015
- A Taste of “Concentration Camp” Gaza: Blue Beach Resort - August 3, 2015
- Feelgood Story of The Day: The Wedding “Crashers” - August 3, 2015
“Bil’in news and activities became known in the world…what happens in the village is a model for contemporary nonviolent popular resistance.”
– Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi, last week
Call me old fashioned, but I would have thought “non-violent” means refraining from throwing hard objects capable of causing damage to other people (if you have been hit by a rock slung at you at high speeds, or know someone who has been, you’ll know what I’m talking about).
Note also that the person slinging the stone is a foreign “activist,” likely from the ISM or similar group which espouse “non-violent” resistance. You may want to bear that in mind next time you hear about them being deported from Israel, and their claims that this is unfair since all they were doing was helping palestinians without engaging in any violence or otherwise hindering IDF troops.