Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- BBC Lays The Love On Tel Aviv, Calls Jerusalem Israel’s “Capital” - September 4, 2015
- Mark Ruffalo, The Incredible Dolt - September 4, 2015
- Cardiff Council Cancels Photo Exhibition Which Paints Israel In True Light - September 4, 2015
- Shirley Temper And Friends Working On New Movie - September 1, 2015
- Introducing the Israellycool E-Blast - September 1, 2015
Attempts to ban circumcision in California have gotten the shaft. Or gone flaccid (take your
California Governor Jerry Brown announced on Sunday that he signed a bill preventing local authorities from banning the practice of male circumcision.
The bill, which takes effect immediately, comes in the wake of an effort by a San Francisco group opposed to male circumcision to enforce a city-wide ban of the practice in a November ballot measure.
That effort was struck down in late July by a California judge who said it would infringe on religious freedom. The measure was removed from the November ballot.
The measure, which garnered 12,000 signatures of support, would have made it a misdemeanor crime to circumcise a boy before he is 18 years old in San Francisco, regardless of the parents’ religious beliefs.
A dozen petitioners sued to block the initiative at the time. A similar effort in Santa Monica, west of Los Angeles, was withdrawn.
Meanwhile, now seems like a good time to whip this out: