Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- WATCH: Parody ‘Breaking The Silence’ Video Testimonies - July 7, 2015
- MUST READ: Wall Up Against Waters’ Stance On Israel - July 6, 2015
- Proof 17-Year-Old Killed By IDF Was A Terrorist - July 6, 2015
- WATCH: Palestinian Father Films Young Son Trying To Provoke Israeli Border Policewoman - July 4, 2015
- Attempted Murder, Plain And Simple - July 3, 2015
Attempts to ban circumcision in California have gotten the shaft. Or gone flaccid (take your
California Governor Jerry Brown announced on Sunday that he signed a bill preventing local authorities from banning the practice of male circumcision.
The bill, which takes effect immediately, comes in the wake of an effort by a San Francisco group opposed to male circumcision to enforce a city-wide ban of the practice in a November ballot measure.
That effort was struck down in late July by a California judge who said it would infringe on religious freedom. The measure was removed from the November ballot.
The measure, which garnered 12,000 signatures of support, would have made it a misdemeanor crime to circumcise a boy before he is 18 years old in San Francisco, regardless of the parents’ religious beliefs.
A dozen petitioners sued to block the initiative at the time. A similar effort in Santa Monica, west of Los Angeles, was withdrawn.
Meanwhile, now seems like a good time to whip this out: