Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Batman IV: The Truth About RONI - October 7, 2015
- The Times Of Israel Tries To Emulate The BBC - October 7, 2015
- New York Post Applauds Bon Jovi For Standing Up To “Boycott Buffoons” - October 7, 2015
- Latest Arab Viral Hit: This Is How You Murder Jews - October 6, 2015
- Yedioth Ahronoth Rips From Israellycool - October 6, 2015
Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz sure has some strange ideas about achieving peace in the Middle East.
AD: Well, I met Woody Allen while he was filming Manhattan. He was given to me as a 40th-birthday present by friends. He agreed to have lunch with me, and we became, I wouldn’t say friends, but we became acquaintances from that time on. Since I was there while he was filming Manhattan, I think Manhattan has always been my favorite. And if you want to ask me what my favorite Larry David episode is…it’s “Palestinian Chicken.” And let me tell you this: I recently sent a copy of “Palestinian Chicken,” that Larry David gave me, to Prime Minister Netanyahu—with the suggestion that he invite Abbas over to watch it together. And maybe if they both get a good laugh, they can begin a negotiating process.
Current: Do you know if that happened?
AD: I don’t know, but I know that Netanyahu has received the DVD, and he was looking forward to watching it. So it may be that Larry David will not only win Emmys, but he may even qualify for the Nobel Peace Prize, if his episode could bring together Netanyahu and Abbas, and bring Abbas to the negotiating table.
While I seriously doubt Netanyahu would like it, I suspect Abbas would.[Strong language and inappropriateness warning]