It’s that time of the year where I ask my readers to reach into their pockets and contribute to Israellycool if they can.
Here’s some reasons why:
- I don’t use free blogging software; I pay for the website and domain, as well as other things to enhance the Israellycool experience. So any donations help defray these costs
- While there are plenty of blogs – even of the pro-Israel variety – where else can you be kept informed on Israel, read about pop culture, and be entertained like you are here?
- Israellycool has been around for almost 9 years, making this one of the “longest serving” pro-Israel blogs around
- Israellycool is one of the most visited English-language blogs from Israel and has been cited a number of times by the mainstream media
- I have tried to give back to the pro-Israel blogging community by creating the Pro-Israel Blog-Off and (now defunct) Jewish and Israeli Blog Awards.
- Even though I lack time to blog as much as I would like, I have endeavored to maintain the quantity and quality of posts to which you are accustomed by recruiting the knowledgeable and entertaining Brian of London and Zionist Shark as co-bloggers
- Richard Silverstein has
earnedweaseled people out of over $1500 in the past few days, even though he wants Israel destroyed and is thoroughly unlikeable. I love Israel and am somewhat likeable
- Antisemites really, really hate me
Brian of London notes: neither I nor Zionist Shark get paid (and nor do we seek to be) but Dave keeps a fine show running here and, from looking at the google searches of people who land here (other than the “sex with animals” crowd) I’d say Israellycool is pulling in people who aren’t in “our” choir and many of them stick around for a positive view of Israel. It’s a valuable site and much loved.
Remember: if you’re not paying for something, you can have no reasonable expectation that it will be around tomorrow.