Latest posts by Challah Hu Akbar (see all)
- Challah Hu Akbar Is Going Home - February 14, 2012
- Israel Arrests Another Terrorist Released in Shalit Deal - February 13, 2012
- Israeli Embassies Targeted in Terror Attacks in Georgia and India - February 13, 2012
- Palestinian Authority Blocks Access To Another Website - February 12, 2012
- Head Of Islamic Jihad: Palestinians Must Further The Path Of Jihad & Resistance - February 10, 2012
On Thursday, I reported that Mahmoud Abbas after waging nearly two weeks of hacking attacks had ordered the Ministry of Information to block access to InLightPress from Palestinian territory.
Amad.ps is reporting that Palestinian intelligence services have ordered PalTel to block access to Amad from Palestinian territory. Like the InLightPress case, it is unclear if this includes Gaza.
On its website, Amad says that users in Palestinian territory can access the website, however, they can only do so through a proxy.
According to Amad, a number of officials have spoken out against the actions of Abbas. Talat Safadi, a leader of the Palestine’ People’s Party, said that what as occurring was “unacceptable behavior.” An official from the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine, said that the Palestinian Authority must review its recent decisions and lift the bans. A Fatah official in Gaza called on Mahmoud Abbas to allow access to the sites.
@VictorShikhman I don’t approve of that or several other free speech violations under the PA in recent years.
— Hussein Ibish (@Ibishblog) February 12, 2012