Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Shaul Mofaz, Time Traveler or Shape-Shifting Reptile? - April 24, 2015
- Watch: Stephen Harper’s Yom Ha’atzmaut Message - April 23, 2015
- Frank Sinatra In Israel, Yom Ha’atzmaut 1962 - April 23, 2015
- Interesting Rumor Of The Day: James Packer Becomes Israeli Citizen - April 23, 2015
- Watch: Israelis From 0-100 - April 23, 2015
In this Twitter exchange following AP’s Diaa Hadid admitting she was taken for a fool by Hamas, she receives words of comfort from an old “friend”.
Did he really say “best of us”? Because that’s comedy gold right there.
Ok, you get the point (hat tip: Honest Reporting).
Mayer and the hasbarafia began digging and discovered that the girl, featured in a Reuters photo, had died in 2006. They further alleged that she hadn’t died at Israel’s hands, but rather had fallen from a swing and died from the fall.
Then they really went to town. Mayer passed the story off to Ron Prosor, Israel’s UN ambassador, who ten days later demanded Badawi’s head, accused her of deliberate fabrication in an attempt to smear Israel. They said that her behavior typified that of the entire UN and the only way the organization could clear its name was to sack her. They’ve now enlisted the pro-Israel media advocacy group, Honest Reporting, to amplify the campaign, taking it to the streets, as it were.
No-one ever enlisted the help of Honest Reporting. HR happened to be following events on Twitter, and reported the lies exposed by Avi Mayer. This is how the blogosphere and Twitterverse works, as Silverstein should well know. Yet he’s once again stated as fact a complete falsehood. In fact, I pointed this out to him on Twitter before his blog post, yet he went ahead and wilfully lied.*
* Leaving aide the fact his post also libels Avi Mayer