Hello everybody, I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Dan, but you can call me Judge Dan. After a good few years of behind the scenes pro-Israeli advocacy on Twitter, internet forums and IRL encounters, Aussie Dave offered me to have a go at it in the best pro-Israel site of them all, Israellycool.
I’m happy to be part of this excellent team, and I hope I can contribute in the fight to de-delegitimize Israel, my home.
And now, some info on me:
- I like ice-cream, that’s the only way you can pass these blazing hot and humid summers.
- I once milked a sheep.
- I’ve served my time, and then some more, in the IDF (And a heads up to all you cynics out there, no, I did not kill or rape anyone during that time).
- I am an Iraqi Palestinian refugee. You see, on the one hand I have a certificate that shows my maternal grandma immigrating to Palestine. On the other, my paternal grandma was kicked out of Iraq and fled to Israel in the early 50′s, then she
lived in a refugee camp till this day, suckling money from UNRWAacclimatized and made a good living.
- I’m a geek.
- I like making lists with bullets.
- I live in Jerusalem.
- Mistakes and errors, especially in the media, have a nice warm place in my heart, for me to rip apart and ridicule the fact that in the age of Google, such things even happen in the first place.
You can tweet me, or just follow me at @JudgeDan48
So see you all soon enough,
P.S. a hat tip for the first one to know what my avatar is, and no cheating!