Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Confirmed: “Critical Technological Assessment In Israel” Nuclear Report Release Not Blocked By Israel - March 29, 2015
- Sincerest Form Of Flattery Moment: UK Government Copies The IDF’s Talpiot Scheme - March 26, 2015
- Muhammad Zoabi Forgave Bibi Habibi In Person - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Via Is Not Just A Road In Rome - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Parking Polly Electrified Me - March 23, 2015
Well here is a better one filmed with proper cameras made by Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield for Green Car Reports. Nikki was in Israel last week with a whole crowd of cynical motoring journalists. She’s also an owner and frequent driver of a Nissan Leaf fully electric car. She occasionally takes this on distance challenging journeys in the UK relying on a patchwork of fast chargers where she has to stop for 30 mins or so to get enough juice to make it to the next stop or her destination. I’ve seen her tweets about needing a tow home after arriving at a fast charging spot only to find it broken leaving her unable to get home.
It’s interesting to see her mild cynicism turn slightly toward optimistic positivism. I’m in agreement with her, we won’t know if it really works till real customers are arriving at these places, day and night, and swapping without issue, but her experience matches mine: they do seem to work!
You can read her report here at Green Car Reports.