60 Minutes recently aired this segment on Tel Aviv, which has many people talking.
- Simon characterizion of Tel Aviv as “Israel’s largest city.” That’s just plain sloppy journalism, considering Jerusalem is Israel’s largest city. By far.
- Simon characterizion of Tel Aviv as a “latter day Sodom.” I think that’s a bit harsh (although I’m sure some of my commenters won’t)
- Gideon Levy’s claim there is no political debate in Israel. Say what?
- What was with Bob Simon’s reaction to Yossi Vardi’s opinion that Jewish mothers are behind Israel’s hi tech success?
- Simon’s claim that Gideon Levy is one of the few Israeli civilians who has contact with palestinians. This is a complete lie. A large percentage of Israelis have contact with palestinians, who are still allowed into Israel for work, education and medical care.
Please help ensure Israellycool can keep going, by donating one time or monthly