60 Minutes recently aired this segment on Tel Aviv, which has many people talking.
- Simon characterizion of Tel Aviv as “Israel’s largest city.” That’s just plain sloppy journalism, considering Jerusalem is Israel’s largest city. By far.
- Simon characterizion of Tel Aviv as a “latter day Sodom.” I think that’s a bit harsh (although I’m sure some of my commenters won’t)
- Gideon Levy’s claim there is no political debate in Israel. Say what?
- What was with Bob Simon’s reaction to Yossi Vardi’s opinion that Jewish mothers are behind Israel’s hi tech success?
- Simon’s claim that Gideon Levy is one of the few Israeli civilians who has contact with palestinians. This is a complete lie. A large percentage of Israelis have contact with palestinians, who are still allowed into Israel for work, education and medical care.
Support more stories like this.