Last week I showed how the “El Al has the most beautiful stewardesses in the world” story was likely bunk.
Over a week later, Ynet reports the story as fact.
The Association of Flight Attendants, the world’s largest labor union for flight attendants announced on Saturday that Israeli airline El Al is first place of the ten airlines with most beautiful flight attendants in the world.
The selection was first reported in China over the weekend, where it was explained that the sweet smile of Israeli flight attendants made them the first choice for many travelers.
El Al did not receive an official announcement on its win yet. The company’s response stated that El Al is “proud of its flight attendants around the world, and the service it offers its passengers.”
The airline in the second place is the Aerolineas Argentinas, and third is Shanghai Airlines. Asian airlines dominate the list of the top 10 most beautiful flight attendants of the world by AFA, occupying seven places.
Last year a similar survey was made by an airline review website, where Singapore airlines flight attendants were crowned first place.
Let’s look at all the Ynet fails here.
- Reporting a story over a week late and well after blogs? Check
- Reporting a story without doing any due diligence? Check
- Changing the name of the non-existent “World Air Hostesses Association” mentioned in the original Chinese report to “Association of Flight Attendants”? Check
- Reporting the announcement date as Saturday (July 7th), over a week after the announcement was supposedly made? Check
- Ignoring El Al’s lack of an official announcement as a strong indicator the story is a hoax? Check
About the AuthorAn Aussie immigrant to Israel, Aussie Dave is founder of Israellycool, one of the world's most popular pro-Israel blogs (and the one you are currently reading) He is a happy family man, and a lover of steak, Australian sports and girlie drinks
Filed Under: Aussie Dave