This post will remain on top for the next few weeks
It’s that time of the year again when I ask friends and fans of the blog to contribute to Israellycool.
Ok, there’s not actually a set time each year I ask, but I haven’t in a while and all the cool kids seem to be doing it.
Here are just some reasons why you may consider donating:
- The blog is nearing its 10th anniversary (70 in dog years) which makes it one of the most enduring blogs out there and certainly up there in terms of pro-Israel blogs
- Almost 10,000 posts (and the amount would be even higher if not the for entire year I blogged those The Day In Israel posts, each consisting of tens of updates, instead of separate posts, during the day)
- The blog is one of the most visited English language Israel blogs
- Unlike free-hosted Blogger blogs, I pay for the domain name, hosting and the occasional theme. (I actually pay more than most to ensure I have a host who gives us personalized attention in case there is downtime or other problems)
- The blog has been cited by the likes of the BBC, MSNBC, Sydney Morning Herald, PBS, Haaretz, JPost, Jewish Toronto, UJF, and other news sites
- The blog has an (almost) unique style, blending humor with serious analysis, and covering a wide spectrum of topics (The style has been replicated by others since it works)
- We are leading the charge in exposing Israel haters such as Lauren Booth, Richard Silverstein, and other assorted scum and villainy. And boy, do they hate it
- Wikipedia deleted us
- A great team of contributors While I don’t pay them for posting, I endeavor to treat them to a burger meal every once in a while
- Unlike many pro-Israel blogs, we pride ourselves on not solely preaching to the choir. We have a track record in influencing those not previously in the choir to start singing the same tune and even commanding the respect of those who do not share the same views (one example here)
- We spend much time in delivering interesting, original and informative content free of charge
Thanks to the following for their generosity:
- Jim From Iowa
- Single Themes
- Peter L
- Joshua F
About the AuthorAn Australian immigrant to Israel, Aussie Dave has been blogging since early 2003.
Filed Under: Aussie Dave