Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Shirley Temper And Friends Working On New Movie - September 1, 2015
- Introducing the Israellycool E-Blast - September 1, 2015
- Shirley Temper And Brother Follow The Script - August 31, 2015
- WATCH: Pro Palestinian Admits Shirley Temper Is A Fraud - August 30, 2015
- Israellycool And Readers Get Shirley Temper’s Name Splashed Across Daily Mail (Updated) - August 29, 2015
A very happy-looking Liev Schreiber and Vanessa Paradis were spotted on the Brooklyn set of their new comedy, Fading Gigolo, on Monday.
The co-stars, clad in traditional Jewish hair and attire, looked like they were in good spirits ready to tackle their onscreen characters.
As Ode, bearded Liev plays a baseball bat-weilding volunteer for the Williamsburg Shomrim – a licensed neighbourhood watch for Hasidic Jewish communities.
Though not allowed to make arrests, Shomrim volunteers are allowed to detain suspects of crimes like car theft, missing children, and graffiti.
Wearing a yarmulke and the ringlet sideburns characteristic of a Hasidic Jewish man, the 45-year-old was dressed in a customary tallit katan, white t-shirt, quilted patrol vest, black trousers, and loafers.
The role hits close to home for Schreiber, whose mother was born into a Brooklyn working-class household of Jewish Communist immigrants.
John Turturro directs and stars in the film about a book store owner (Woody Allen) who convinces his friend (Turturro) that a fortune can be made by becoming a professional gigolo.
The comedy, due out next year, also stars Sofía Vergara and Sharon Stone and it’s the fifth film for the actor-turned-director.
Update: Gratuitous Turturro clip. From my favorite comedy, The Big Lebowski, of course (language warning).