Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Reuters Claim Israeli Police Throwing Rocks At Israeli Forces (Updated) - October 7, 2015
- Matt Lee’s Targeted Strike Makes Waves - October 7, 2015
- New Israel Fund’s Amiram Goldblum Knows Who The Real Terrorists Are - October 6, 2015
- BBC Just Can’t Stop Hating Jew - October 6, 2015
- WATCH: State Department Can’t Live Up To The Standards It Sets For Israel (Updated) - October 5, 2015
I don’t have the energy for a long post but again today we had one alarm in Tel Aviv. Dave’s posted a video of the interception shot from the beach. I’m told that the interception of one of the missiles was shown live on TV. I didn’t see it because when the alarm sounded my wife and I take our kids to the safe room we have in our own apartment. We’re very fortunate. This room has a steel shutter over the window, a steel door and it’s in the centre of our building with strong walls on all sides.
We wait there for around 90 seconds, the alarm stops and 10 seconds later we heard the boom. On Friday we also heard the boom (the missile hit empty land not far from us).
My eldest child is old enough to be asking a lot of questions and he’s disturbed by this. He doesn’t understand why it started now and he doesn’t like the answer that we really don’t know when it will end.
I have some mixed feelings about Iron Dome. While it is amazing, it’s not perfect and its just symptomatic relief. We need to cure the disease and stop the rockets. Hopefully the shock of having Tel Aviv fired at (and hit) three times and Jerusalem once will wake more people up here. There is only one answer to this and that is to secure a victory. And not a ceasefire: victory that would be recognised by the man who said this:
“Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.”
Here’s the video from the Israeli TV News.