Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- “Beat Up and Insult the Arab” Video Game Released - August 3, 2015
- A Taste of “Concentration Camp” Gaza: Blue Beach Resort - August 3, 2015
- Feelgood Story of The Day: The Wedding “Crashers” - August 3, 2015
- Israel Hater Mira Bar Hillel Posts Racist Slur Against Ethiopian Jew - August 3, 2015
- Can Asaf Goren Still Dance? - August 2, 2015
We are used to the anti-Israel crowd passing off Syrian kids as palestinian. Now a BBC reporter gets in on the act.
— Jon Donnison (@JonDonnison) November 18, 2012
The link takes you to this photo:
..which is a photo from June taken in Lebanon.
Donnison has since apologized, but accuracy is still not on his agenda.
A photo I retweeted from another journo yesterday showing children injured was NOT in Gaza as I said but apparently from Syria. Apologies.
— Jon Donnison (@JonDonnison) November 19, 2012
Here’s the photo caption:
Shams al-Mohamad, a 6-year-old Syrian girl, lies on a stretcher as she looks at her sister Marwa at a hospital in Tripoli, northern Lebanon, June 14, 2012. According to their mother, Shams and Marwa were wounded two days ago when a shell hit their house during fighting between Syrian troops and anti-government forces in the Syrian town of Qusair. REUTERS/Omar Ibrahim (LEBANON – Tags: POLITICS CIVIL UNREST SOCIETY)
But correction or not, I fear the damage has been done.