Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Confirmed: “Critical Technological Assessment In Israel” Nuclear Report Release Not Blocked By Israel - March 29, 2015
- Sincerest Form Of Flattery Moment: UK Government Copies The IDF’s Talpiot Scheme - March 26, 2015
- Muhammad Zoabi Forgave Bibi Habibi In Person - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Via Is Not Just A Road In Rome - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Parking Polly Electrified Me - March 23, 2015
As I’ve said a few times, pretty much the only thing wrong with Better Place is its marketing. Customers who have the cars are overwhelmingly happy with the product and service.
A cynic thinks of marketing as a way to get people to buy things they don’t need. There are, however, times when a tremendous product that many would benefit from is just not sold properly. That’s why Better Place needs a completely new marketing strategy.
Today Better Place announced they have hired Peter Economides as their Cheif Marketing Officer. From their press release:
His 30-plus year career includes global top management roles on such famous campaigns as Apple’s “Think Different” and Coca-Cola’s “Always Coca-Cola,” among many others. After a successful career with McCann Erickson Worldwide and TBWA\Worldwide, Economides founded his own strategic brand consultancy, Felix BNI, in 2003.
This is my message to Peter:
Congratulations! As a customer of Better Place in Israel I can’t begin to tell you how happy it makes me that you’re on board. Better Place have delivered and continue to deliver an extraordinarily good product and service in Israel.
The brilliance of this is utterly shamed by the poor and virtually non-existent marketing of the product.
Just about every sale being made to day is a referral from the dedicated army of customers who love their cars and the whole system. I’m sure you will be able to back us up and create the environment where new people begin to understand how tremendous it is to switch to electric!