Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Eurovision Is Back And Israellycool Is On The Case! - May 19, 2015
- The Pope, A Journalist And A Terrorist Walk Into A Bar With An Interpreter (Updated) - May 18, 2015
- Pope: “I Am Converting To Islam” – Associated Press - May 17, 2015
- When Immigrants Are Welcomed - May 15, 2015
- Podcast Feels Like A Duck Or A Llama - May 15, 2015
I have a long OpEd at the Times of Israel with the provocative title “Better Place has failed?”
Electric car company Better Place has failed to market their amazing product in Israel correctly. They can still turn it around and become a huge success.
While Israel is the Startup Nation, the vast majority of Israelis are not early adopters of new technology. They want to see something in the hands of millions of Americans before they will commit. And a completely new kind of car in Israel is a huge commitment.
A Startup Nation exists because Israel has a slightly high proportion of motivated people willing to take a chance. But those people willing to start their own companies and take chances are still a tiny proportion, even in Israel. You can’t make a business selling just to them.
So while it seemed obvious to start selling in Israel, those who live here see a more nuanced picture.