Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- WATCH: Stop Iran Rally In NYC Drew Huge Crowds - July 23, 2015
- Labour Pains In The UK - July 19, 2015
- Iran Deal Worse Than Repainting The White House - July 16, 2015
- Iran Reacts To First Closeup Images Of Pluto - July 15, 2015
- Startup Dispatches: ThemeGo Theme Park Awesomeness - July 14, 2015
I have a long OpEd at the Times of Israel with the provocative title “Better Place has failed?”
Electric car company Better Place has failed to market their amazing product in Israel correctly. They can still turn it around and become a huge success.
While Israel is the Startup Nation, the vast majority of Israelis are not early adopters of new technology. They want to see something in the hands of millions of Americans before they will commit. And a completely new kind of car in Israel is a huge commitment.
A Startup Nation exists because Israel has a slightly high proportion of motivated people willing to take a chance. But those people willing to start their own companies and take chances are still a tiny proportion, even in Israel. You can’t make a business selling just to them.
So while it seemed obvious to start selling in Israel, those who live here see a more nuanced picture.