Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Reuters Claim Israeli Police Throwing Rocks At Israeli Forces (Updated) - October 7, 2015
- Matt Lee’s Targeted Strike Makes Waves - October 7, 2015
- New Israel Fund’s Amiram Goldblum Knows Who The Real Terrorists Are - October 6, 2015
- BBC Just Can’t Stop Hating Jew - October 6, 2015
- WATCH: State Department Can’t Live Up To The Standards It Sets For Israel (Updated) - October 5, 2015
From twitter tonight I noticed the following tweet from Avital Liebovich who is stepping down as the chief IDF Spokesperson.tweet
She is being replaced by Maj Peter Lerner who is also an active tweeter. On follow up Avital revealed where she is going next: Head of Interactive Media, namely leading the social networks.tweet
I think this is of HUGE significance. Avital is obviously moving up the ranks not down. The position of head IDF Spokesperson used to be the top: she was the primary face of the IDF for the world’s main stream media. And where is she going now? Twitter and Facebook!
Sick of the ridiculous treatment at the hands of the world’s media, the IDF began a move to getting it’s message out direct first with its own blog and now via every possible social channel. And they’ve had huge success. Often, and especiallay with help from us in the blogosphere to promote and expand, they’ve been able to make the mainstream media look slow, out of touch and down right stupid.
So I think this is a very significant move and, of course, I haven’t seen the main stream media remark on it as yet.