Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Shirley Temper And Brother Follow The Script - August 31, 2015
- WATCH: Pro Palestinian Admits Shirley Temper Is A Fraud - August 30, 2015
- Israellycool And Readers Get Shirley Temper’s Name Splashed Across Daily Mail (Updated) - August 29, 2015
- Separated At Birth: The Importance of Being Ernest Edition - August 28, 2015
- Follow-Up To Mel Gibson-At-Israeli-Film-Festival Story - August 27, 2015
Meet the Jordanian cartoonist who won third place in a contest, but refused the prize on account of Jooties (Jew cooties).
Jafari, who works as a cartoonist at Al Ghad daily, won the $3,000 third prize in the 2012 United Nations/Ranan Lurie International Political Cartoon Award.
Jafari, who applied for the award in October last year, said he received some papers and a cheque by mail in early January informing him that he won third place.
“The cheque I received was signed by Lurie himself. Then I did some research about him and asked colleagues in the profession about him and discovered that he has connections with the Zionist entity [Israel],” Jafari told The Jordan Times.
“I refused to accept the award because it is funded by Lurie who is known for supporting the Zionist entity and has a history of dealing with the Zionist movement. I cannot accept an award from such a person,” the cartoonist said, adding that “Lurie has never condemned any of Israel’s practices against the Palestinians”.
“Although this is a UN award that is judged by international experts, when I realised it is funded by someone who is pro-Israel, I decided to refuse it,” Jafari added.
I guess he considers the peace treaty to be more of a joke than one of his cartoons.
Meanwhile, if only he knew the real “truth” about Lurie.