Latest posts by Real Jstreets (see all)
- Jerusalem on Alert after Terror Attacks - October 4, 2015
- Photos Sukkot in Jerusalem: Which One to Publish - September 29, 2015
- Stones Kill: Culture of Hate - September 26, 2015
- Watch: PM Netanyahu’s Message at Start of Cabinet Meeting - September 20, 2015
- Watch: Young Palestinian Protesters Beaten and Kicked by PA Security Forces - September 19, 2015
The Israeli Presidential Conference for 2013 is over.
As usual Aussie Dave had some of the best tweets.
Mostly there was a lot of talking and I will post some snarky photos about what we heard and saw and did not see when there is time next week.
But first I have a serious question about the “excitement” at the closing plenary session.
President Shimon Peres and Natan Sharansky sat and smiled near the end of the exhausting two and a half day marathon 90th birthday celebration.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu entered the room and went to the podium to speak.
Then the woman on the left got up and started shouting.
Best part of the whole scene was the woman on the right who got up to shout her down.
FYI dear protesters:
you should know that it is not really clever to yell in Hebrew to an Anglo crowd.
But Bibi kept his cool and kept going trying to make his point.
When she rose a second time and started shouting, security came and led her away.
Security for this event was so tight and lines so long that Brian of London and Aussie Dave went home rather than wait.
I was asked for my father’s name along with ID and had my hands swabbed for what ever they look for.
Dr Ruth, who everyone knew and as always loved at the conference, had to wear a name tag with the Tomorrow logos on a strap around her neck.
So my question is, why is this woman wearing something different?