Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- WATCH: Zionist Public Charter School Of Doom™ - May 19, 2015
- Israeli Journalist Akiva Eldar Gets Thrown Under The Car - May 19, 2015
- Backstreet’s Back - May 17, 2015
- Palestinians Blame “Work Accident” On Israel - May 15, 2015
- Frank Sinatra Once Appeared At “Action for Palestine” Benefit Concert - May 15, 2015
Richard Silverstein posts a video of what he calls “a poignant rendition of the Mordechai Gebirtig lament for the destruction of Eastern European Jewry, Unzer Shtetel Brent (“Our Shtetl is Burning“–1938)”, which is accompanied by images ranging “from historical Holocaust photos, to graphic art about Palestinian suffering, to contemporary news photos of the destruction of Gaza.”
But that is not the focus of this post. What is is his reaction to a commenter mentioning his concerns after seeing Hamas dragging the bodies of “collaborators” from motorcycles, as well as the killing of gays and “errant girls.” In response, Silverstein rushes to Hamas’ defense.
For the record, I have also not found proof that Hamas has killed gays – it seems the families themselves tend to do the job on their own. Then again, the commenter did not claim it was the doing of Hamas, but rather making a general comment about the goings-on in palestinian society.
Update: When he’s not pouncing on commenters criticizing Hamas, he’s tweeting false reports.
I just tweeted, based on an apparently false story by an Aussie pol, that Nelson Mandela had died. Still checking but it appears wrong.
— Tikun Olam (@richards1052) June 27, 2013