Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Separated At Birth: Swamped With Work Edition - March 2, 2015
- Max Blumenthal’s Latest Fail - March 2, 2015
- Anti-Zionists-Not-Antisemites Of The Day - February 28, 2015
- Inventors Of “Pinkwashing” Term Go Down The Drain - February 27, 2015
- Katy Perry And Madonna Speak Out Against Antisemitism - February 27, 2015
Richard Silverstein posts a video of what he calls “a poignant rendition of the Mordechai Gebirtig lament for the destruction of Eastern European Jewry, Unzer Shtetel Brent (“Our Shtetl is Burning“–1938)”, which is accompanied by images ranging “from historical Holocaust photos, to graphic art about Palestinian suffering, to contemporary news photos of the destruction of Gaza.”
But that is not the focus of this post. What is is his reaction to a commenter mentioning his concerns after seeing Hamas dragging the bodies of “collaborators” from motorcycles, as well as the killing of gays and “errant girls.” In response, Silverstein rushes to Hamas’ defense.
For the record, I have also not found proof that Hamas has killed gays – it seems the families themselves tend to do the job on their own. Then again, the commenter did not claim it was the doing of Hamas, but rather making a general comment about the goings-on in palestinian society.
Update: When he’s not pouncing on commenters criticizing Hamas, he’s tweeting false reports.
I just tweeted, based on an apparently false story by an Aussie pol, that Nelson Mandela had died. Still checking but it appears wrong.
— Tikun Olam (@richards1052) June 27, 2013