Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- BBC Lays The Love On Tel Aviv, Calls Jerusalem Israel’s “Capital” - September 4, 2015
- Mark Ruffalo, The Incredible Dolt - September 4, 2015
- Cardiff Council Cancels Photo Exhibition Which Paints Israel In True Light - September 4, 2015
- Shirley Temper And Friends Working On New Movie - September 1, 2015
- Introducing the Israellycool E-Blast - September 1, 2015
On Thursday, July 4th, 30 North American soldiers and officers celebrated American Independence Day together with over 150 IDF lone soldiers who made Aliyah from the United States with the assistance of Nefesh B’Nefesh, FIDF, the Ministry of Immigrant Absorption and Tzofim Garin Tzabar. These organizations maintain their relationship with the soldiers throughout their military service and provide them with personal and financial support.
The celebration took place at Gordon Beach in Tel Aviv honoring the classic American traditions, including a BBQ, beer, American music and much red, white and blue.
Players from the Judean Rebels of the Israeli Football League, also founded by immigrants from the United States, joined the party as well. There are over 600 amateur and professional football players in Israel, who meet every week in different locations throughout the country to play and enjoy the game they learned back home. The vast majority of the players are immigrants who came to Israel from North America through Nefesh B’Nefesh and the Jewish Agency For Israel.