Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- WATCH: Dancing Behind People in Jerusalem - September 30, 2015
- WATCH: Palestinian Kicks Jewish Baby In Stroller - September 29, 2015
- Israellycool Reader Avital Wins Freedom of Expression Cartoon Award - September 29, 2015
- WATCH: Palestinian Human Rights Advocate Attacks “Apartheid” Accusation and BDS - September 27, 2015
- WATCH: Palestinians In Act Of Attempted Murder - September 25, 2015
A senior Palestinian official on Sunday panned recent comments by Australia’s foreign minister to the Times of Israel in which she called on the international community to stop branding Israeli settlements illegal.
PLO Executive Committee member Hanan Ashrawi said statements by Julie Bishop represented “dangerous shifts in Australian foreign policy” and called for an official clarification of Australian policy on the issue.
“I would like to remind the Australian government that in accordance with international human rights law and international humanitarian law, all settlements are illegal,” Ashrawi wrote in a statement on Sunday, citing Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention and Article 43 of the Hague Regulations.
Ashrawi referred to Bishop’s comments as “willful defiance of international consensus.”
She must be rather