Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- “Beat Up and Insult the Arab” Video Game Released - August 3, 2015
- A Taste of “Concentration Camp” Gaza: Blue Beach Resort - August 3, 2015
- Feelgood Story of The Day: The Wedding “Crashers” - August 3, 2015
- Israel Hater Mira Bar Hillel Posts Racist Slur Against Ethiopian Jew - August 3, 2015
- Can Asaf Goren Still Dance? - August 2, 2015
A senior Palestinian official on Sunday panned recent comments by Australia’s foreign minister to the Times of Israel in which she called on the international community to stop branding Israeli settlements illegal.
PLO Executive Committee member Hanan Ashrawi said statements by Julie Bishop represented “dangerous shifts in Australian foreign policy” and called for an official clarification of Australian policy on the issue.
“I would like to remind the Australian government that in accordance with international human rights law and international humanitarian law, all settlements are illegal,” Ashrawi wrote in a statement on Sunday, citing Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention and Article 43 of the Hague Regulations.
Ashrawi referred to Bishop’s comments as “willful defiance of international consensus.”
She must be rather