Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- New Israel Fund’s Amiram Goldblum Knows Who The Real Terrorists Are - October 6, 2015
- BBC Just Can’t Stop Hating Jew - October 6, 2015
- WATCH: State Department Can’t Live Up To The Standards It Sets For Israel (Updated) - October 5, 2015
- Hey BBC, Even Al Jazeera Knows When They’re Wrong - October 4, 2015
- WATCH: What A Difference A Day Makes - September 30, 2015
My friend, Andrew, posted on Facebook the following astute observations about Israel’s economy and how it has been affected by the ebb and flow of various peace processes.
It’s not to say peace wouldn’t be great, but we should accept nothing less than OUR definition of peace, not the Islamic version of us submitting to their will.
A few facts for those who think that “peace” is necessary for a strong economy:
- During 65 years of conflict Israel has created a stunning economic miracle;
- In the last 25 years of conflict Israel was one of the fastest growing economies in the OECD;
- In the last 5 years of conflict Israel was THE fastest growing economy;
- The IDF 8200 unit was identified by Startup Nation as a key source of the innovation that makes Israel a Hi-tech leader;
- The other OECD country competing with Israel for title of fastest growing country: South Korea (another country facing existential threats);
- The slowest growing OECD economies: the “peaceful” EU countries;
- The 65 year old Arab boycott of Israel has been a total failure and helped destroy Arab economies.
Indeed there is a strong argument that conflict keeps countries competitive and peace leads to economic stagnation.
Andrew is the Shurat Ha’Din Lawyer who’s currently sinking his teeth into the BDS Movement in Australia with gusto.