Latest posts by Judge Dan (see all)
- One Of These Is Not Like The Other - February 19, 2015
- Fake Gazan Civilian Watch: Izzat Really A Journalist? - December 25, 2014
- Merry Christmas And A Happy New Fail - December 24, 2014
- Why Did This Palestinian Facebook Group Care About A Nepal Bus Crash? - October 25, 2014
- Avengers: Age Of Galil SAR - October 25, 2014
Not to outdo their Facebook counterparts , Haaretz’s English Twitter seem to be dumbing down for the masses.
A tweet linking to an article about the often lost-in-translation Hebrew blockbuster titles, said that Israel changed “The Full Monty” into “Six Naked Pigs”.
— Haaretz.com (@haaretzcom) January 23, 2014
If you actually read the article, you come across this paragraph:
Israel is no different than other countries that translate titles of imported films, resulting in some surprises. In China, “The Full Monty” was called “Six Naked Pigs” and “Boogie Nights,” was “His Great Device Makes Him Famous,” according to Den of Geeks.
Did you see it? Here it is again:
They just got my vote for best fiction.
Update: I can’t believe I missed this:
Comedies often take a beating in Hebrew, with the Will Ferrell film “Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story,” called “Dodgeball: Grab Life by the Balls,”
Will Ferrell wasn’t in that movie.