Latest posts by Judge Dan (see all)
- Arab Social Media Going On A Wild Goose Chase - August 2, 2015
- No, Israel Did Not Clear A Refugee Camp Inside Syria - July 13, 2015
- The World According To UNHRC Condemnation - June 25, 2015
- Terror-ble Palestinian Kindergarten Plays - May 27, 2015
- Gaza Kindergarten Play From Hell - May 24, 2015
Not to outdo their Facebook counterparts , Haaretz’s English Twitter seem to be dumbing down for the masses.
A tweet linking to an article about the often lost-in-translation Hebrew blockbuster titles, said that Israel changed “The Full Monty” into “Six Naked Pigs”.
— Haaretz.com (@haaretzcom) January 23, 2014
If you actually read the article, you come across this paragraph:
Israel is no different than other countries that translate titles of imported films, resulting in some surprises. In China, “The Full Monty” was called “Six Naked Pigs” and “Boogie Nights,” was “His Great Device Makes Him Famous,” according to Den of Geeks.
Did you see it? Here it is again:
They just got my vote for best fiction.
Update: I can’t believe I missed this:
Comedies often take a beating in Hebrew, with the Will Ferrell film “Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story,” called “Dodgeball: Grab Life by the Balls,”
Will Ferrell wasn’t in that movie.