Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- The Islamic State Of Iran: Like ISIS Just Much Bigger - July 1, 2015
- WATCH: Richard Kemp Speaking Truth To The Terrorist Tools At The UNHRC - June 29, 2015
- Perfidious British Press Massacre Edition - June 28, 2015
- Photo Of The Day: Brutal Israeli Occupation Forces At Work - June 27, 2015
- Regular As Clockwork, Here Comes A New Olive Tree Libel - June 25, 2015
Can you believe this picture created by Ha’aretz and tweeted on their official account? Are they implying SodaStream keeps Palestinians in cages? I can’t understand what they’re saying. Honestly I can’t.
— Haaretz.com (@haaretzcom) February 2, 2014
And while I agree, we’ve used a few images of Ms Johansson without prior clearance from her management team, I suspect that this use of her image may just have her lawyers reaching for their quills.
A slightly longer explanation. The tweet links to a longer piece discussing the various memes that have appeared on the web around SodaStream and Johansson. However, by embedding this unidentified image directly in Ha’aretz’s twitter feed, they give the impression it is from Ha’aretz. That’s just the nature of twitter. Many won’t click on the link and understand any context. So we could say this is poor use of Twitter or we could say that Ha’aretz rather like the picture.