Latest posts by Real Jstreets (see all)
- Jerusalem on Alert after Terror Attacks - October 4, 2015
- Photos Sukkot in Jerusalem: Which One to Publish - September 29, 2015
- Stones Kill: Culture of Hate - September 26, 2015
- Watch: PM Netanyahu’s Message at Start of Cabinet Meeting - September 20, 2015
- Watch: Young Palestinian Protesters Beaten and Kicked by PA Security Forces - September 19, 2015
The US has combined President George Washington’s and President Abraham Lincoln’s birthdays into one long holiday weekend in February.
But in Jerusalem, Israel, each president has his own street all year long.
George Washington Street is near
Abraham Lincoln Street.
They may not be pronounced the same in Hebrew, but both presidents are honored with their full names.
Israelis may not celebrate this American holiday, but anyone trying to make a US bank transaction today, certainly will find out about it.
Happy US Presidents Day to all!