Latest posts by Real Jstreets (see all)
- New Photo of Arab Girls with Video - February 27, 2015
- Photo of the Day: Israeli Soldiers - February 26, 2015
- Jerusalem Marathon: Nir Barkat’s New Look - February 24, 2015
- Jerusalem Shut Down by That Four Letter Word - February 20, 2015
- MUST WATCH: Marco Rubio Implores Colleagues Not To Boycott Netanyahu Speech - February 17, 2015
The US has combined President George Washington’s and President Abraham Lincoln’s birthdays into one long holiday weekend in February.
But in Jerusalem, Israel, each president has his own street all year long.
George Washington Street is near
Abraham Lincoln Street.
They may not be pronounced the same in Hebrew, but both presidents are honored with their full names.
Israelis may not celebrate this American holiday, but anyone trying to make a US bank transaction today, certainly will find out about it.
Happy US Presidents Day to all!