Latest posts by Real Jstreets (see all)
- Forbes Under 30 Summit in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv - October 6, 2015
- Jerusalem on Alert after Terror Attacks - October 4, 2015
- Photos Sukkot in Jerusalem: Which One to Publish - September 29, 2015
- Stones Kill: Culture of Hate - September 26, 2015
- Watch: PM Netanyahu’s Message at Start of Cabinet Meeting - September 20, 2015
In 1936, one of the greatest musical conductors of all time, Arturo Toscanini,
traveled to Palestine to conduct the first performance of the Palestine Symphony.
It made headlines around the world.
The Palestine Symphony, project and passion of Bronislaw Huberman,
was such a success that it also made headlines.
The Palestine Symphony had 73 musicians – they were all Jews.
In 1948, The Palestine Symphony became known as the Israeli Philharmonic Orchestra.
Thanks to Josh Aronson and his excellent film Orchestra of Exiles for bringing this story to life.
The Truth about Palestine.