Latest posts by Real Jstreets (see all)
- New Photo of Arab Girls with Video - February 27, 2015
- Photo of the Day: Israeli Soldiers - February 26, 2015
- Jerusalem Marathon: Nir Barkat’s New Look - February 24, 2015
- Jerusalem Shut Down by That Four Letter Word - February 20, 2015
- MUST WATCH: Marco Rubio Implores Colleagues Not To Boycott Netanyahu Speech - February 17, 2015
In 1936, one of the greatest musical conductors of all time, Arturo Toscanini,
traveled to Palestine to conduct the first performance of the Palestine Symphony.
It made headlines around the world.
The Palestine Symphony, project and passion of Bronislaw Huberman,
was such a success that it also made headlines.
The Palestine Symphony had 73 musicians – they were all Jews.
In 1948, The Palestine Symphony became known as the Israeli Philharmonic Orchestra.
Thanks to Josh Aronson and his excellent film Orchestra of Exiles for bringing this story to life.
The Truth about Palestine.