Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Alls Well That Ends Well: Ben Gurion Emergency Over - April 21, 2015
- Yom Ha’atzmaut Israeli Independence Day Air Force Fly Past And Aerobatics Show - April 20, 2015
- And You Shall Name Him Brian! - April 19, 2015
- Made In Judea Samaria, The Heartland Of Jewish Israel - April 17, 2015
- Is It Supposed To Whine Like That? - April 15, 2015
We have to admit it, the other side is bloody clever. Look at this headline and byline from Reuters:
Israeli forces demolish West Bank mosque as peace talks deadline passes
BY ALI SAWAFTA
KHIRBET AL-TAWEEL, West Bank Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:16am EDT
Genius stuff. It’s not until paragraph six that we get some balance:
The Israeli army said in a statement that eight structures, including a “mosque in use”, were demolished because they had been built illegally inside a dangerous live-fire military training zone.
So lets get this straight, illegally build a mosque and “three one-storey family houses, animal shelters and a communal well.” Then allow “around 30 people” to live there.
In the middle of a live fire army training area!
Win win! Either Israeli forces show up to evict and destroy illegally built structures or someone gets blown up by LIVE FIRE in an accident! Either way they get the PR coup they were looking for and Reuter’s Arab stringer is standing by to take the obligatory heart rendering pictures.
The only thing missing is a child’s toy. I wonder how they missed that trick?