Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- When Jodi Rudoren Enlightens Us About A Gazan Woman’s Selfies - March 1, 2015
- Al Jazeera Does The Right Thing On #FloodLibel - February 25, 2015
- The Bullsh*t Dam Has Burst - February 24, 2015
- Israeli Snow Clearing Techniques - February 20, 2015
- Photo Of The Day: 50 Shades Of Snow - February 20, 2015
We have to admit it, the other side is bloody clever. Look at this headline and byline from Reuters:
Israeli forces demolish West Bank mosque as peace talks deadline passes
BY ALI SAWAFTA
KHIRBET AL-TAWEEL, West Bank Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:16am EDT
Genius stuff. It’s not until paragraph six that we get some balance:
The Israeli army said in a statement that eight structures, including a “mosque in use”, were demolished because they had been built illegally inside a dangerous live-fire military training zone.
So lets get this straight, illegally build a mosque and “three one-storey family houses, animal shelters and a communal well.” Then allow “around 30 people” to live there.
In the middle of a live fire army training area!
Win win! Either Israeli forces show up to evict and destroy illegally built structures or someone gets blown up by LIVE FIRE in an accident! Either way they get the PR coup they were looking for and Reuter’s Arab stringer is standing by to take the obligatory heart rendering pictures.
The only thing missing is a child’s toy. I wonder how they missed that trick?