Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Dodge Brothers Star Commercial - September 2, 2015
- Chris Gunness Has More To Worry About Than UN Watch’s Funding - September 1, 2015
- Shirley Temper Is Real And Really Dangerous - August 30, 2015
- Israellycool Blocked And Unblocked By EE In The UK - August 26, 2015
- WATCH: Three Jewish Girls Breaking Hearts Across Arab World - August 25, 2015
Ever wondered exactly what was in something you were about to put in your mouth? Now, courtesy of another Israeli startup, you can point a little key ring gizmo at whatever it is and find out what it’s made of!
Consumer Physics launched a Kickstarter campaign yesterday and scored some major air time on the main Israeli TV News demonstrating this amazing device.
Meet SCiO. It is the world’s first affordable molecular sensor that fits in the palm of your hand. SCiO is a tiny spectrometer and allows you to get instant relevant information about the chemical make-up of just about anything around you, sent directly to your smartphone.
Out of the box, when you get your SCiO, you’ll be able to analyze food, plants, and medications.
For example, you can:
- Get nutritional facts about different kinds of food: salad dressings, sauces, fruits, cheeses, and much more.
- See how ripe an Avocado is, through the peel!
- Find out the quality of your cooking oil.
- Know the well being of your plants.
- Analyze soil or hydroponic solutions.
- Authenticate medications or supplements.
- Upload and tag the spectrum of any material on Earth to our database. Even yourself !
Here’s the video and you can go to Kickstarter if you want to place a pre-order for this product. It’s backed by some leading Venture Capital firms and has a very solid management and development team.