Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- The Science Is In …. Pink - August 3, 2015
- Giving Israellycool The Attention It Deserves On Facebook - July 30, 2015
- Happy Story From Israel About An African Lion - July 30, 2015
- WATCH: Flying Below Sea Level Above The Dead Sea - July 26, 2015
- WATCH: Stop Iran Rally In NYC Drew Huge Crowds - July 23, 2015
Ever wondered exactly what was in something you were about to put in your mouth? Now, courtesy of another Israeli startup, you can point a little key ring gizmo at whatever it is and find out what it’s made of!
Consumer Physics launched a Kickstarter campaign yesterday and scored some major air time on the main Israeli TV News demonstrating this amazing device.
Meet SCiO. It is the world’s first affordable molecular sensor that fits in the palm of your hand. SCiO is a tiny spectrometer and allows you to get instant relevant information about the chemical make-up of just about anything around you, sent directly to your smartphone.
Out of the box, when you get your SCiO, you’ll be able to analyze food, plants, and medications.
For example, you can:
- Get nutritional facts about different kinds of food: salad dressings, sauces, fruits, cheeses, and much more.
- See how ripe an Avocado is, through the peel!
- Find out the quality of your cooking oil.
- Know the well being of your plants.
- Analyze soil or hydroponic solutions.
- Authenticate medications or supplements.
- Upload and tag the spectrum of any material on Earth to our database. Even yourself !
Here’s the video and you can go to Kickstarter if you want to place a pre-order for this product. It’s backed by some leading Venture Capital firms and has a very solid management and development team.