Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Confirmed: “Critical Technological Assessment In Israel” Nuclear Report Release Not Blocked By Israel - March 29, 2015
- Sincerest Form Of Flattery Moment: UK Government Copies The IDF’s Talpiot Scheme - March 26, 2015
- Muhammad Zoabi Forgave Bibi Habibi In Person - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Via Is Not Just A Road In Rome - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Parking Polly Electrified Me - March 23, 2015
This is what Israel looked like a few moments ago. Thanks to the IDF Spokesperson’s office for the video.
As I just wrote in the introduction to Ryan’s post about visiting Israel: Yom Hazikaron is the memorial day for those who fell in war and at the hands of terrorists. This solemn day transitions (tonight) into the joy of Yom Haatzmaut: Independence Day.
These two days are enormously important because Jews are the only native people to return and get our country back: the way we mourn our fighting dead then flip to joy at having our nation makes me tear up just typing it. You can’t understand the mood of this country and the transition that occurs till you experience it.