Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Labour Pains In The UK - July 19, 2015
- Iran Deal Worse Than Repainting The White House - July 16, 2015
- Iran Reacts To First Closeup Images Of Pluto - July 15, 2015
- Startup Dispatches: ThemeGo Theme Park Awesomeness - July 14, 2015
- Tech Talk: Applescript From Mac Mail To OmniFocus With Link To Original Mail - July 12, 2015
This is what Israel looked like a few moments ago. Thanks to the IDF Spokesperson’s office for the video.
As I just wrote in the introduction to Ryan’s post about visiting Israel: Yom Hazikaron is the memorial day for those who fell in war and at the hands of terrorists. This solemn day transitions (tonight) into the joy of Yom Haatzmaut: Independence Day.
These two days are enormously important because Jews are the only native people to return and get our country back: the way we mourn our fighting dead then flip to joy at having our nation makes me tear up just typing it. You can’t understand the mood of this country and the transition that occurs till you experience it.