Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Hey BBC, Even Al Jazeera Knows When They’re Wrong - October 4, 2015
- WATCH: What A Difference A Day Makes - September 30, 2015
- WATCH: Say My Name, Say My Name, Jeremy (Updated) - September 30, 2015
- Welcome To The Slaves Of Dubai - September 29, 2015
- What Happens In Public On Facebook Is Owned By Facebook - September 29, 2015
This is what Israel looked like a few moments ago. Thanks to the IDF Spokesperson’s office for the video.
As I just wrote in the introduction to Ryan’s post about visiting Israel: Yom Hazikaron is the memorial day for those who fell in war and at the hands of terrorists. This solemn day transitions (tonight) into the joy of Yom Haatzmaut: Independence Day.
These two days are enormously important because Jews are the only native people to return and get our country back: the way we mourn our fighting dead then flip to joy at having our nation makes me tear up just typing it. You can’t understand the mood of this country and the transition that occurs till you experience it.