Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Muhammad Zoabi Forgave Bibi Habibi In Person - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Via Is Not Just A Road In Rome - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Parking Polly Electrified Me - March 23, 2015
- Tesla To Cure Range Anxiety? I Think I Know How (Update) - March 16, 2015
- V15 Are Using More Foreign Stock Photos - March 16, 2015
As we covered yesterday Ha’aretz used a completely false headline on an article about a Lag Ba’Omer celebration in Hebron. Ryan Bellerose, who helped light the perfectly under control fire, called the report for a lie as soon as he saw it. As he said last night, he knows how to start a fire, growing up without electricity without fire he wouldn’t get to eat. And he does like to eat.
CAMERA noted, correctly, that the Hebrew article itself (of which this was just a translation) completely contradicted the claim in the headline.
Today came yet another sheepish correction from the English Editor of Ha’aretz:
And even then it isn’t entire clear it was in a “Palestinian orchard”. Ryan’s pretty clear it was an open piece of park land where the bonfire was held.
Of course this is too little too late as Ma’an have published the following and I doubt they’ll be taking it down anytime soon.
We didn’t start the fire, it was always burning since the world’s been turning.
We didn’t start the fire, no we didn’t light it, but we tried to fight it.