Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Photo of the Day: Unwelcoming Bar In Haifa - August 12, 2015
- Today’s Other Devastating Indictment Of NGOs And The Media - August 10, 2015
- The Pied Piper Played And The Rats Followed (Updated) - August 10, 2015
- Chris Gunness Of UNRWA Is Lying Again And The World Won’t Check - August 9, 2015
- WATCH: The Full Obama Nuclear Deal Excuse Speech - August 6, 2015
As we covered yesterday Ha’aretz used a completely false headline on an article about a Lag Ba’Omer celebration in Hebron. Ryan Bellerose, who helped light the perfectly under control fire, called the report for a lie as soon as he saw it. As he said last night, he knows how to start a fire, growing up without electricity without fire he wouldn’t get to eat. And he does like to eat.
CAMERA noted, correctly, that the Hebrew article itself (of which this was just a translation) completely contradicted the claim in the headline.
Today came yet another sheepish correction from the English Editor of Ha’aretz:
And even then it isn’t entire clear it was in a “Palestinian orchard”. Ryan’s pretty clear it was an open piece of park land where the bonfire was held.
Of course this is too little too late as Ma’an have published the following and I doubt they’ll be taking it down anytime soon.
We didn’t start the fire, it was always burning since the world’s been turning.
We didn’t start the fire, no we didn’t light it, but we tried to fight it.