Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Watch: News Channel Lauds Israel’s Humanitarian Aid To Nepal - April 29, 2015
- More Appalling Reactions To Israeli Nepal Action - April 29, 2015
- Watch: Encounter Between German Lady And Israeli High School Students At Auschwitz - April 28, 2015
- Roger Waters Turns His Attention To Robbie Williams - April 28, 2015
- Highly Disturbing: Brazen Support Of ISIS In Jerusalem? (Updated) - April 28, 2015
Anti-Israel DouchebloggerTM Richard Silverstein today tweeted the following with a link to an anti-Israel article:
What was that in Israeli Declaation of Independence about “freedom of religion?” This Negev mosque demolished by IDF http://t.co/0T5LX6oTnH
— Tikun Olam (@richards1052) May 25, 2014
In his haste to again demonize Israel, Silverstein has done what he is prone to doing: getting it wrong. You see, the photo of the “Negev mosque” supposedly demolished is in reality a mosque in Angola.
What makes this occurrence of sloppiness from Dick particularly priceless is the snarky tweet he sent a mere 5 minutes earlier, aimed at the IDF for publishing a photo not fitting the tweet it was accompanying.
Richard Silverstein: fraud pure and simple.
I think that has a nice ring to it.
Update: It now seems as though the picture might be from Gaza in 2009, and not Angola. Which does not change the point of this post, about Silverstein rushing to demonize Israel without fact-checking.
As for those of us who thought it was from Angola, that was the result of a Google image search – the most basis of due diligence – which clearly Silverstein did not even do.