Latest posts by Real Jstreets (see all)
- Forbes Under 30 Summit in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv - October 6, 2015
- Jerusalem on Alert after Terror Attacks - October 4, 2015
- Photos Sukkot in Jerusalem: Which One to Publish - September 29, 2015
- Stones Kill: Culture of Hate - September 26, 2015
- Watch: PM Netanyahu’s Message at Start of Cabinet Meeting - September 20, 2015
Pau Gasol was born in Barcelona, Spain, but has played on US LA Lakers basketball team for the last seven seasons.
On his first visit to Israel, he paid a visit to Israeli President Shimon Peres this am.
Whether his idea of ‘tolerance through sports’ will sell better than his ‘Madrid for Olympics’ only time will tell.
But one thing is for sure, Gasol has height advantage. The seven footer, with two silver medals from playing Olympic basketball for Spain, today presented Peres with an autographed jersey in the Israeli President’s Residence in front of members of a Jerusalem Arab-Israeli youth basketball team.
Pau Gasol was looked up to by everyone in the room.