Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Labour Pains In The UK - July 19, 2015
- Iran Deal Worse Than Repainting The White House - July 16, 2015
- Iran Reacts To First Closeup Images Of Pluto - July 15, 2015
- Startup Dispatches: ThemeGo Theme Park Awesomeness - July 14, 2015
- Tech Talk: Applescript From Mac Mail To OmniFocus With Link To Original Mail - July 12, 2015
We have already written that the overwhelming reaction to the kidnap of three kids by Palestinian terrorists from the Israeli side has been an outpouring of hope that we find them and get them back. #BringBackOurBoys is the sentiment. I’ll spell it out, it’s not #SmashTheTerroists or something else like that. For sure those reactions exist but they’re secondary to getting back our loved ones.
Dave is carefully documenting the joyous celebrations on the other side. It’s the usual story of handing out sweets and rejoicing.
The three fingers represent the three boys they’ve captured and they’re evoking the memory of Gilad Shalit who was held for so long then successfully bargained for thousands of terrorists. Of course I must point out that Gilad Shalit was a serving soldier when he was captured, this time they bravely “captured” three, unarmed children.
This is the hashtag: #ثلاث_شلاليط
And it means “Three Shalits”.