Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Eurovision Is Back And Israellycool Is On The Case! - May 19, 2015
- The Pope, A Journalist And A Terrorist Walk Into A Bar With An Interpreter (Updated) - May 18, 2015
- Pope: “I Am Converting To Islam” – Associated Press - May 17, 2015
- When Immigrants Are Welcomed - May 15, 2015
- Podcast Feels Like A Duck Or A Llama - May 15, 2015
We have already written that the overwhelming reaction to the kidnap of three kids by Palestinian terrorists from the Israeli side has been an outpouring of hope that we find them and get them back. #BringBackOurBoys is the sentiment. I’ll spell it out, it’s not #SmashTheTerroists or something else like that. For sure those reactions exist but they’re secondary to getting back our loved ones.
Dave is carefully documenting the joyous celebrations on the other side. It’s the usual story of handing out sweets and rejoicing.
The three fingers represent the three boys they’ve captured and they’re evoking the memory of Gilad Shalit who was held for so long then successfully bargained for thousands of terrorists. Of course I must point out that Gilad Shalit was a serving soldier when he was captured, this time they bravely “captured” three, unarmed children.
This is the hashtag: #ثلاث_شلاليط
And it means “Three Shalits”.