I awoke this morning to the sad news that, while Israelis continue to grieve for Eyal, Naftali, and Gilad, the south of Israel has been under further attack from Gaza. Here in the US, however, there is still unfinished business with the allies and enablers of those who commit these heinous attacks.
As most Israellycool readers are no doubt aware, on June 20, at its General Assembly meeting, the Presbyterian Church (USA) voted to divest holdings from three companies that do business with Israel. Also, as most of our readers are probably aware, the anti-Israel group Jewish Voice for Peace was instrumental in lobbying for passage of this measure.
- Israel enslaves Palestinians
- Israel is an apartheid state
- Israel controls all of Gaza’s borders
- Israel tortures children as a matter of policy
- Israel’s barriers and checkpoints are arbitrary