Latest posts by Real Jstreets (see all)
- Forbes Under 30 Summit in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv - October 6, 2015
- Jerusalem on Alert after Terror Attacks - October 4, 2015
- Photos Sukkot in Jerusalem: Which One to Publish - September 29, 2015
- Stones Kill: Culture of Hate - September 26, 2015
- Watch: PM Netanyahu’s Message at Start of Cabinet Meeting - September 20, 2015
On Tuesday night a memorial service was held for the three kidnapped and murdered Israeli teens Eyal, Gilad and Naftali.
Thousands of people pushed against metal barriers trying to get inside the Great Synagogue on King George Street in Jerusalem, Israel. The public has not forgotten. All 1200 seats in the main sanctuary were filled, the lobby was set with screens and chairs, and hundreds stood in the street watching on large screens.
Speech after speech was about unity. The leader of opposition spoke of unity. The mothers spoke of unity. This memorial service was one overwhelming coming together,
Jerusalem Mayor Barkat, the Herzogs and Sara Netanyahu – one big group hug.
IDF Chief Chazan Shai Abramson sang the Prayer for the State of Israel with IDF choir.
A big pep rally for the IDF – RAH, RAH SISSSS, BOOM BAH!
The boom of a Gaza rocket on its way to Jerusalem, Israel,
being blown up by Iron Dome, could not be heard inside.
So different to regular sport pep rallies,
this one had no chants and cheers, but tears.