Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Confirmed: “Critical Technological Assessment In Israel” Nuclear Report Release Not Blocked By Israel - March 29, 2015
- Sincerest Form Of Flattery Moment: UK Government Copies The IDF’s Talpiot Scheme - March 26, 2015
- Muhammad Zoabi Forgave Bibi Habibi In Person - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Via Is Not Just A Road In Rome - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Parking Polly Electrified Me - March 23, 2015
A few days ago Hillary Clinton gave an interview which contained another great piece of Hamas PR. Built on the lie that Gaza is the most crowded place on earth (not even close to being true in the centre of Gaza City let alone the strip as a whole), Hillary basically justifies Hamas’s actions because there is nowhere else they could put their rockets and bunkers.
“I’m no a military planner,” she said, “but… Hamas puts its rockets, its missiles, in civilian areas – part of it is that Gaza’s pretty small, and it’s very densely populated. They put their command and control, of Hamas military leaders, in those civilian areas. Israel, I know has sent warnings and tried to get people to move, but in any kind of conflict there are going to be civilian casualties, and we need to try to get to a ceasefire as soon as possible.”
Bull Excrement. It’s not because Gaza is small. It’s not because it’s densely populated. It’s because Hamas wants “innocent civilians” to die. Frequently.
Here’s a screen shot from Google Earth of a chunk of northern Gaza. What do you see?
Me too. Farms, fields, beaches. Not many people.
This is the IDF Spokespersons map of where Hamas actually operate:
That’s a dense (poor) urban suburb of Gaza City. It’s not that there aren’t open fields its just Hamas WANTS Palestinians to die and especially telegenically die in front of the world’s media.
And having Indian TV actually film them setting up their rocket in the middle of the “safe” area where many foreign journalists are cowering proves exactly this point.