Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Confirmed: “Critical Technological Assessment In Israel” Nuclear Report Release Not Blocked By Israel - March 29, 2015
- Sincerest Form Of Flattery Moment: UK Government Copies The IDF’s Talpiot Scheme - March 26, 2015
- Muhammad Zoabi Forgave Bibi Habibi In Person - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Via Is Not Just A Road In Rome - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Parking Polly Electrified Me - March 23, 2015
In more news from London which is now feeling like 1930’s Berlin, a well known theatre is refusing to host a Jewish Film Festival. It’s not an Israeli Film Festival, it’s a Jewish one. The “problem” is a small culture grant from the Israeli Embassy in London.
A major London theatre has refused to host the UK Jewish Film Festival because it is sponsored by the Israeli embassy.
The Tricycle Theatre was scheduled to be the main venue for the UKJFF in November, with 26 films due to be screened there as well six gala events.
But in a statement issued on Tuesday, UKJFF executive director Judy Ironside said: “The Tricycle told us that they cannot be associated with a festival which in turn is associated with the UK’s Israel embassy”.
We don’t like Jew hating theatres. Perhaps you might want to join my friend Tal Ofer who has compiled a list of the major donors to this Jew hating theatre. As usual for most major cultural endeavours around the world, there are many Jews and Jewish organisations on the list including Michael Bloomberg.
I can’t see that they receive any money from the Hamas cultural attache in London though I understand his budget has been a paltry £0 for the last few years on account of all money being needed for buying rockets and building tunnels.
— Tal Ofer (@TalOfer) August 6, 2014
Here is a link to the document on Google Drive. Give them a call or write them a letter to let them know how you feel about discrimination against Jews in London in 2014 with their money.