Earlier today, PA president Mahmoud Abbas addressed the UN General Assembly. And like his recent speeches, he was brazen in stating the most ridiculous and insane things as truths.
Here at the biggest doozies from the speech:
- Mentioning 6 million palestinian refugees (even UNRWA’s inflated figure is closer to 5 million)
- Mentioning 13 million palestinians in the world, when even the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics has the number at closer to 12 million (and that seems to include Israeli Arabs)
- Stating Israel’s establishment led to “the loss of their peaceful and stable lives in their homeland” – as if the decades of them terrorizing and murdering Jews never happened
- A repeat of the “We are the descendants of the Canaanites that lived in the land of Palestine 5,000 years ago” lie
- Touting their contributions to humanity and civilization witnessed by the world, and “establishment of institutions, schools, hospitals, cultural organizations, theaters, libraries, newspapers, publishing houses, economic organizations, businesses and banks, with wide regional and international influence” – all before the Balfour Declaration.
- Claiming they continue building and developing, and that their institutions are recognized internationally for their merit and work based on rule of law, accountability and transparency and empowerment of women and youth in an environment of tolerance, co-existence of civilizations and non-discrimination.”
- Claiming to be committed to fostering a culture of peace, and rejecting violence
- Denying they have ever rejected negotiations
- Claiming their problem is not with Jews, but only “the occupiers of the land.” Umm..
Yup, I’m with you Nikki. We are also fed up with the lies.