On Friday, a palestinian man was killed during a violent confrontation with IDF troops. The IDF has claimed he was shot because he was about to throw a Molotov cocktail at them, but has opened an investigation into the incident.
As for the palestinians, we see yet again they are unable to stick to one story (hence the title of this post).
According to Ma’an News, he was deaf, a father-of-two, and not involved with the confrontations when shot.
Israeli forces on Friday afternoon shot and killed a deaf Palestinian man in the southern occupied West Bank city of Hebron during clashes that were taking place in the Bab al-Zawiya area of the city.
The man was identified as 24-year-old Muhammad Zain al-Jaabari, a father of two from the city of Hebron.
Al-Jaabari was critically injured during clashes between Israeli forces and local Palestinian youth in the city. He was rushed to the hospital but succumbed to his wounds shortly after.
Witnesses claimed that al-Jaabari was not actively engaged in the confrontations when he was shot.
But Al Jazeera turns this deaf man into a mentally disabled one with a speech impairment.
Israeli forces have killed a mentally disabled Palestinian man during clashes in the Bab al-Zawiya area of Hebron city in the occupied West Bank, according to a family member and officials.
The Palestinian health ministry identified on Friday the slain man as Mohammad Zain al-Jabari.
The 24-year-old was shot in the chest by Israeli forces earlier in the day during protests against US President Donald Trump’s decision to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
According to the ministry, al-Jabari succumbed to bullet wounds after being rushed to the Hebron governmental hospital.
Abu Nasser, al-Jabari’s uncle, told Al Jazeera that his nephew was mentally disabled and suffered from speech impairment.
Al-Jabari worked in construction and leaves behind a four-year-old child.
Despite his disabilities, Abu Nasser said al-Jabari would often be the first to arrive at the scene when Israeli forces were spotted in the area.
“Mohammad loved Palestine, and he could never sit by and do nothing when [Israeli] soldiers entered the city,” Abu Nasser said.
Note how he reportedly worked in construction, which also seems to preclude him being deaf. And here he leaves behind one child, not two.
But even more to the point, Al Jazzera’s mention that he “would often be the first to arrive at the scene when Israeli forces were spotted in the area” seems to align more with the IDF version that he was about to throw a Molotov cocktail at them, rather than the Ma’an News version that he was not involved in the confrontations.
Meanwhile, a palestinian man was killed in confrontations the next day, again with the palestinian account contradicting the IDF one
Palestinian security sources said the clash was started by the settlers, after which the army intervened and fired at a group of Palestinians.
However, an IDF spokesman said the Palestinians approached the northern West Bank settlement of Yitzhar and began throwing rocks at the Israeli residents, as well as at IDF troops who arrived at the scene shortly after
And also apparently themselves.
Various local news outlets reported different names and ages for the man.
If you do not smell a rat with the palestinian’s claims regarding these deaths, you are either not paying attention, or your agenda does not involve caring for the truth.
Please help ensure Israellycool can keep going,
by donating one time or monthly