We finally moved in to our new apartment on Wednesday. The move itself went very well but the fun and games begun after we arrived at our new home.
The electrician that we had hired fell sick, so we hired a different one who has proved to be nothing but trouble. Included in the list of his “transgressions”:
– Drilling a “mistake” hole in the wall and not bothering to inform us or plaster it in
– Leaving fragments of wall in our sink and on the floor
– Leaving exposed wires
– Placing his power drill and other equipment on our (scratchable) wood dining room table
– Placing a water bottle on our television (water + tv = not good)
– Not arriving for work on time..and sometimes not at all
– Leaving his half-eaten pastry in our tv cabinet
– Installing our ceiling fans, but leaving one of them to wobble uncontrollably like a drunk ferret – and then blaming it on the “fan.”
Needless to say, I fired him.
We also had a light broken by the oven delivery man, who the day earlier called from the other side of the country and asked where our house was. Not to mention the “kitchen people” who did not bother to inform us that the guy who was supposed to finish installing our kitchen was ill and would not make it – information that would have been useful 3 hours before.
This all comes in addition to our pre-move troubles.
Alas, the joys of moving!