More results...

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

More results...

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

The Drink Jihadists Choose

Watch out Coca Cola. A new competitor has emerged for the Israeli Arab market.

Mecca-Cola, distributed in recent years to Arab consumers throughout the Islamic world, in the framework of the “war against America and Zionists”, hit Israeli markets a week ago.

Coke’s legacy had spurred the launch of an alternative soft drink company, Mecca-Cola, some three years ago. It was designed to cash in on anti-American sentiment around the world.

And don’t let this tiny detail escape your notice.

Mecca-Cola was introduced in France in 2002, and is now exported throughout Europe and the Arab world.

Mecca-Cola’s Israel company director explains why the need for Mecca Cola:

“It is our right as Muslims to create an alternative to things that exist in the world“.

You mean like peace and quiet?

Update: The Mecca-Cola website has this welcoming message, which highlights the evils of capitalism.

Following the example of business activities started by charitable associations – ´ the charity-business ª – we considered the idea of launching a new concept, namely that of putting the economy to work in the interest of ideology.

´ Moslem and Arab Capital ª being mainly in the form imposed by the most fierce materialistic capitalism, and often illegal and born of corruption, refuses, for fear of bringing ruin upon itself, to support the actions engaged. Because of this, militant people who are experiencing financial difficulties have no other alternative than to create profit-making activities to enable them to achieve their objectives, even though they did not start out as either traders or capitalists.

One of the perversions of capitalism lies in the generation within oneself of the most brutal and the most inhumane part of oneself.

The spirit which governed the creation of Mecca-Cola was to create a profit-making business which would help to relieve human suffering where action is still possible. The most intolerable and the most immediate suffering is that of the Palestinian people.

Obviously, capitalism can’t be that bad. After all, only 10% of the profits are being distributed to PLO Arab children. Where is the other 90% going?

About the author

Picture of David Lange

David Lange

A law school graduate, David Lange transitioned from work in the oil and hi-tech industries into fulltime Israel advocacy. He is a respected commentator and Middle East analyst who has often been cited by the mainstream media
Picture of David Lange

David Lange

A law school graduate, David Lange transitioned from work in the oil and hi-tech industries into fulltime Israel advocacy. He is a respected commentator and Middle East analyst who has often been cited by the mainstream media
Scroll to Top